Saturday, January 10, 2009

Let's start at the very Beginning, a very good place to start

So yes, I now have a blog. My dear mother and aunt have been bugging me to get one for quite some time now. It's been hard trying to find time betwen all my lovely junior-ness and Band and Forensics and AMag and such but I feel that if I don't get my thoughts down SOMEWHERE I will probably explode. I tried writing in a diary, but I found that I write too slow for my brain and it gets really irritating. I'll have a spectacular sentence laying dormant in my head waiting to be written down, but by the time I actually get to the writing it down part, I'm on to the next thought. And so I get mad. And frustrated. And overall, exceedingly bored.
Bad things happen when I'm bored.
So I have kinda given up on the whole diary deal (it gives you a nasty hand cramp too, and how can I drum if my hand is constantly cramping from scribbling 8 pages in my diary every night? - and yes, that is an exaggeration, maybe not 8 but 3-5) I was talking with my best friend Nate and we decided I should probably get a tape recorder to record all my ideas. That actually is a brilliant idea, except I have to get a working recorder and come up with stuff to say.
What can I say? I'm a lazy bum. Looks like my mom's right.
But aren't they always?
This is especially for you Alison. (For those who don't know, she's my other best friend. We're the three musketeers! Though I'm not quite sure they know that...) Maybe if I have everything written down here, I can make more sense when I talk to you. Right?
Sure, it all makes sense in my head. :)
I'm sitting right now with a bowl of half-eaten bhel puri and trying to figure out how to use this stupid website. Not complaining, Blogspot is great but to my dad's chagrin, I'm most definitly not technologically savvy. Thats what Nate's for.
Probably in my next post I'll explain the philosophical and metaphorical symbolism of my pen name/Title/URL etc.
At the moment, I really should figure out how to work this thing..

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you finally have yor blog up and running. Welcome to the writing family. Now keep writing. Your dear mother.

    ReplyDelete